I want my child to achieve, therefore I will:
- Follow school attendance and tardy policies and by making certain my child attends school regularly and on time.
- See that my child is well-rested and has breakfast each day.
- Set aside a specific time and place for homework, assisting as necessary.
- Attend scheduled College and Career Readiness Plan (CCRP) conferences and communicate regularly with my child’s teachers to ensure his/her academic success.
- Support the school and staff in maintaining proper discipline.
- Read with my child and let him/her see me read regularly.
- Encourage positive attitudes toward school.
- Volunteer in my child’s classroom and the school as appropriate.
- Review information and work sent home and respond as necessary.
It is important that I learn, therefore I will:
- Follow school attendance and tardy policies by attending school regularly and on time.
- Complete assignments and homework.
- Be prepared for class, bringing homework and supplies to school each day.
- Work to the best of my ability.
- Work cooperatively with classmates, teachers and staff.
- Respect myself, other people, and my school.
- Follow all school rules.
- Uphold the student code of conduct.
- Accept responsibility for my own actions.
- Help support school spirit and unity and create a learning environment free of distractions, by refraining from bullying, chewing gum on school property, and having electronics (iPods, cell phones) during instructional time.
- I will abide by the dress code.
TEACHERS & STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
I will help each student to learn, achieve and prepare for college and/or careers, therefore I will:
- Demonstrate professionalism in dress and actions and uphold and support all school policies and procedures
- Maintain high moral and ethical standards and be positive role models
- Respect all students, parents/guardians, and staff and will not use cynicism or sarcasm
- Seek out professional improvement and development and continue to learn and grow
- Exhibit and instill growth mindset by holding high expectations for all students, believing that all students can learn
- Provide high quality, engaging curriculum and instruction in an effective, caring, respectful, supportive, safe and non-threatening environment where all students can learn
- Prepare and implement cross-curricular and differentiated lessons/activities to accommodate and challenge all learning abilities
- Provide multiple opportunities and guidance for students to master concepts in each course using frequent and adequate assessments, intervention and re-assessment as appropriate
- Provide prompt and positive feedback on tests, assignments, areas of strength and opportunities for improvement
- Engage in two-way meaningful communication regularly with families and students through multiple systems including but not limited to conferences, notes, emails, texts, and phone calls
I will cultivate an excellent academic climate and culture for all who attend Vanguard, to that end I will:
- Provide an equitable learning environment for all children.
- Provide high quality, engaging curriculum and instruction in a supportive eand effective learning environment by highly qualified staff.
- Encourage the staff to provide parents with information about the total school program.
- Encourage our staff to provide avenues for positive and meaningful parent involvement.
- Have regular, two-way communication including quarterly parent-teacher conferences for parents of children to attend and send home quarterly progress reports.
- Provide reasonable parent access to staff members.
- Provide a variety of opportunities for parents to volunteer in the school.
- If needed and reasonable, provide parents opportunities to observe classroom activities.